Host a Watch Party
Watch Parties are a great way to stay connected with your friends from Spotswood during this season of social distancing. Read on to learn how to host a Watch Party for your friends or neighbors.
How Do I Host a Facebook Watch Party?
You can create a watch party from your News Feed or timeline, in a group, on a Page, or from any video you’re watching. Keep in mind that you’ll need to be an admin or editor to start a watch party on a Page.
To create a watch party from your News Feed or timeline:
At the top of your News Feed or timeline, click Create Post.
- Click then click Watch Party.
- Search for a video or click the Live category to find our Sunday Service livestream.
- Click Add to Queue next to any videos you’d like to add to your watch party, then click Done.
- You can choose to add a description for your watch party, then click Post. You’ll see a message that says “Your Watch Party Is About To Begin.”
Once you’re in the watch party you can add friends to watch with you.
While You’re In Your Watch Party
Here are a few things you can do during your watch party:
- Invite friends: Click Share in the bottom left to invite friends to your watch party.
- Add comments: Click Write something… in the bottom right to chat with others who are in the watch party with you. You can click to add an emoji or to add a sticker to your comments.
- End your watch party: Click in the top right of the video, then click End Watch Party.
Once Your Watch Party Ends
Once you finish your watch party, a recap will be saved on your timeline as a post, which will show all videos watched during the party along with any comments that were made.