We are looking for 100 homes to invite their neighbors into their homes on October 8 to share the gospel.
How to Pray
“Lord, teach us to pray” is written above the main doors of our building. We desire to be a people of prayer. Prayer is crucial, not a passing note.
We pray you are planning to ENGAGE your neighbors in October. We believe the first step to properly ENGAGE your neighbors, is to pray for them. Here are some ways you can be praying:
1. Lord, help me to love my neighbors even before I know who they are.
2. Lord, help me to get to know my neighbors and learn what matters most to them.
3. Lord, give me the boldness to share the Gospel with my neighbors.
4. Lord, grow this passion to ENGAGE our community in my heart and the hearts of all of my brothers and sisters at Spotswood.
What to Do
I’ve never done anything like this, what do I do?
Let us help. Here is a simple checklist of things to make sure you’ve taken care of before your event:
2. Walk your dog regularly around the same time in your neighborhood
3. Sit on the front porch and letting kids play in the front yard
4. Pass out baked goods (fresh bread, cookies, brownies, etc.)
5. Invite neighbors over for dinner
6. Attend and participate in HOA functions
7. Attend the parties invited to by neighbors
8. Do a food drive or coat drive in winter and get neighbors involved
9. Have a game night (yard games outside, or board games inside)
10. Art swap night – bring out what you’re tired of and trade with neighbors
11. Grow a garden and give out extra produce to neighbors
12. Have an Easter egg hunt on your block and invite neighbors use their front yards
13. Start a weekly open meal night in your home
14. Do a summer BBQ every Friday night and invite others to contribute
15. Create a block/ street email and phone contact list for safety
16. Host a sports game watching party
17. Host a coffee and dessert night
18. Organize and host a ladies artistic creation night
19. Organize a tasting tour on your street (everyone sets up food and table on front porch)
20. Host a movie night and discussion afterwards
21. Start a walking/running group in the neighborhood
22. Start hosting a play date weekly for other stay at home parents
23. Organize a carpool for your neighborhood to help save gas
24. Volunteer to coach a local little league sports team
25. Have a front yard ice cream party in the summer